Sunday, April 18, 2010

OOH RAH MOMENT: WWII USMC BOONDOCKERS

Brand: J. F. McElwain Co
Color: Brown
Size: 9
Sole/Heel:  Raw Cord
Leather: Rough Out
Condition: Deadstock
Sold For: $394.00
Seller:  koolstuff1958

Here's a great unissued pair of Deadstock WWII USMC/USN Boondockers.  These style of boots saw a lot of action during the Island-Hopping Campaigns.  There are quite a few companies out there that reproduce these boots, but nothing beats an original corded sole pair.


1944 - Oceanside, CA

1941

3 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to find a pair of originals in my 14 1/2 FF for next to nothing, but I am afraid to wear them and ruin them.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm very tempted to bite the bullet on a repro pair, but am holding out on a deadstock find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny, we ran the same story on the Boots from ebay.

    http://www.ozziefreidman.com/

    I have put a link to your blog as well.

    Ozzie Freidman

    ReplyDelete