Sunday, February 18, 2018

WAXED FLESH JOHN LOFGREN COMBAT BOOTS


As I promised a lot of folks who have messaged me, here are the steps I used to wax my John Lofgren

www.vintageengineerboots.com


This is the boot care kit I use on my Marine Corps Desert Boots and since I've become very familiar with the products, I decided to stick with it.


As much as I liked the denim rub off, I decided to remove as much of it as possible using the eraser provided in the kit--I wanted a clean canvas in order to achieve the best results. I used the metal side of the brush to clean any dirt and dust left by the eraser, going with the grain of the flesh.

I then used the Cleaner to clean and condition the leather. allow to dry for at least an hour (I let it dry over night).


Using my favorite leather conditioner, Pecard Antique Leather Dressing, I evenly applied a liberal amount of the product over the entire boot, not forgetting about the tongue, welt and sole edges. 


I used a heat gun to melt the dressing into the flesh, being mindful not to stay in one area for too long in order to avoid burning the leather.


I even used Pecard to wax the laces. I allowed them to dry as much as possible before replacing them onto the boots. 


The boots will lighten up over time and depending on the length of exposure to various weather conditions, they may require periodic waxing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment