Friday, February 16, 2018

READER MAIL - MISTER FREEDOM® CAMPUS JACKET SIZING


Hey John,

Love your Instagram and blog. You have me very interested in picking up the Campus Jacket. Yours is phenomenal. I was curious if you could give me your thoughts on sizing—I’m 5’10 and 160 lbs. I typically wear a size 38 jacket. Do you think I should pick up a size 36 like yours for the same fit? Or do you think a 38 might be more appropriate? Any thoughts are much appreciated!

www.vintageengineerboots.com
Sleeves and waist hit me at the perfect spots

Hey Maxwell, 

Thanks for the kind words! The Campus is certainly an incredible jacket and my favorite Cossack-style on the market, because of the DIY nature of it. I can't think of another leather jacket that requires the new buyer to take it home and personally put it through their own unique tanning process. Never has an article of clothing felt so personal to me. 

Anyhow, I'm 5'5" and 138 with a sporty build and my size 36 fits like a charm. Given the specifics you provided above, I recommend sticking with a size 38.

Chest is perfectly snug for that vintage fit

Just to be sure, here are the measurements taken from my size 36 jacket today:

Chest: 20 1/2"
Shoulder: 17 1/4"
Sleeve (from shoulder seam): 23 3/4"
Length (from base of collar down back): 21 1/4"

Size 36 from the Mister Freedom® site
Chest: 20"
Shoulder: 17 1/4"
Sleeve: 24 3/4"
Length:23

Size 38 from the Mister Freedom® site
Chest: 21"
Shoulder: 18
Sleeve: 25 1/4"
Length:23 1/2"

Readers might also like:
Baloo

Campus (Italian vegetable tanned lamb leather)

Statesman (Cowhide)

No comments:

Post a Comment