Friday, July 15, 2011

ENGINEER BOOT LEXICON PART IV

Here is a great pair of unknown brand Engineer Boots belonging to Ray, a great guy who's numerous boots I've featured many times before.  I'm leaning towards them being a Chippewa variant based on the buckles.  The instep buckle is identical to previous 1940's and 1950's Chippewa's I've owned and the sharply rectangled top buckle also resembles them, but mine didn't have the rollers.  These appear to be from the 1950's and were obviously geared toward farmers...especially from the western style toe.



For the purpose of building the Vintage Engineer Boot vocabulary, I think "Rancher" should be associated with any vintage pair that resembles the above (and below) profile. 

Here are a couple of 1942 examples of "Rancher Engineer Boots." 
























 

2 comments:

  1. I love this lexicon series you have been doing, and the vintage pictures have been excellent as of late! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete