Sunday, April 24, 2011

VINTAGE STUDDED ENGINEER BOOTS

Brand: Unknown
Circa: 1950's
Color: Black
Size: 10
Soles: Leather with Cat's Paw Half Soles
Heels: Cat's Paw
Leather:  Unknown
Hardware: Nickel
Condition: Deadstock, Damaged
Sold For: $760.00 / 7 Bids
Seller: rcbrady

Not too bad a price for these scarce Vintage Engineer Boots.  Granted, they do have some obvious water damage which begs the question; how damaged is the leather?  Depending on how long they've been sitting in water, these may need to be resoled as the rusted nails/tacks could break off compromising the stability of the soles.  I'd work in a multiple layers of Pecards and call it day. 

These definitely have a characteristic I look for in my Vintage Engineer Boots - it has nothing to do with the toes, soles or studs/jewels.  I wouldn't mind taking these home for the ending price, but it definitely reminds me to wear my personal pair more often.

























 






















VINTAGE STUDDED ENGINEER BOOTS
Brand: Unknown
Circa: 1950's
Color: Black
Size: 9.5
Measurements:
Length: 12"
Width: 4 1/2”
Soles: Leather with Double Half Soles
Heels: Unknown
Leather:  Suede
Hardware: Brass
Condition: Good (used) Condition
Sold For: $1,704.00 / 28 Bids
Seller: champbar

I understand these are original studded engineer boots, but I'm not sure why they sold for so much.  I consider myself a collector and would spend good money on Vintage Engineer Boots, but I have my limits. 

Let's take the studs and jewels away from these boots.  Now we have ourselves an okay pair worth at least six bills in today's market.  I checked my calculator and this doesn't look like eleven hundred dollars worth of accoutrement.  I stud my own belts, so I know these boots posses under ten dollars worth of spots and jewels.  The heel caps?  They are worth over a grand...no.






1 comment:

  1. These were split leather all the way around including the vamp which makes them as cheaply made as possible. I thought they would do 800 max. I think the winner will be in for a shock when he gets them!

    ReplyDelete