Friday, November 8, 2013

IT'S PROBABLY TIME TO LET 'ER GO


Update:  Now on eBay

I was just going through my belongings and came across a pair of super rare Vintage Engineer Boots that have I've worn only twice in the past two years - the rest of the time, I pretty much just admire them sitting in the corner.  Since I purchased them close to four years ago, I would guess that they've been worn just a handful of times.  In my twenty-three years of collecting Engineer Boots, this is the only pair I've seen outside of the original catalog excerpt.

Feeling a bit guilty that they've been neglected so long, I've decided to afford someone the opportunity to actually add more miles to 'em. I shot myself in the foot with the past two pairs of 1940's Chippewa's, so I learned my lesson and I'm not letting these go for cheap this time.  Serious inquiries only, please.

If interested, I can be reached at villanuevado@gmail.com

www.vintageengineerboots.com

No size found, but measures (approximately) just over 11 1/4" from heel to toe and 4 5/16" at the soles' widest points.   

Original 1950's catalog shot

All original studs and jewels!

With flash to show how the material still reflects nice and bright


Very prominent toe tracks!

Another shot with flash to show how the material still reflects nice and bright

A few missing studs, but absolutely does not detract


Original half soles and heels.  I added a piece of stick-on shoe gripper (boot on the left) to avoid any further loss of rubber from the sole.  It comes off as easy as a sticker.

Flash!! Even the Nite-Glo Welts still glow in the dark (only for a short period) when charged with bright light - It was difficult to capture it on film, but it's pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment