Friday, June 28, 2013

READER MAIL


I receive a ton of mail from with subjects ranging from sizing advice to my opinion on certain brands and models as well as recommended topics for future posts ... and some out of left field, but an e-mail from Michael was unlike any I've received from a VEB reader.

Michael and I have been exchanging e-mails about Engineer Boots for some time now and he recently contacted me to let me know he wanted to find a new home for the very boots I helped to provided sizing information on.

www.vintageengineerboots.com

This was all contingent on the ability to get his hands a pair of John Lofgren & Co. Engineer Boots in his size.  Something tells me he got his boots.


Brand:  Wesco
Model: Boss (Built in the spirit of Japan's "Narrow")
Toe: Motorcycle Patrol (no celastic)
Leather: Brown Smooth
Soles: Vibram #700 in Brown
Instep Strap: 2" longer
Heel: Standard Boss
Buckles: Nickel Roller


These amazing boots - already perfectly broken in - were a gift from Michael as a gesture for the helpful information I provide on this blog as well as my service to the country. I'm not the type of person to let such an amazing deed go unrecognized, but to show what an upstanding dude he is, Michael didn't immediately accept my offer for a custom wallet.  Of course the offer stands, indefinitely, and is not limited to a custom wallet.  


Thanks again, Michael!  You've built a great pair of boots.


Stay tuned for step-by-step instructions on how to swap your buckles, which will be demonstrated on these boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment