Friday, July 29, 2011

MY NEW FINE LIGHT TRADING MARINE CORPS RING



ARTISAN ar·ti·san [ahr-tuh-zuhn] -noun: a person skilled in an applied art; a craftsperson.


I've added a new entry onto my short list of people I believe are true artisans.  I received my Mexican Marine Corps souvenir ring from Innis of Fine Light Trading a few days ago and haven't taken it off since.  The attention to detail he applied to this custom-made ring is amazing and totally lends to the authentic look and feel of an original.  From the latitude and longitude detail on the globe often overlooked when an attempt is made to create a "vintage" style Marine Corps ring, to the unrecognizable difference in weight when compared to my collection of original vintage Mexican souvenir rings, this is as good as it gets.  Not to mention Innis is the only craftsman that reproduces vintage Mexican style service rings. 


When it came down to sizing, I was unable to locate my ring sizer so I provided a guestimate of 8 to 8.5.  He got back with me to double check asking which finger I planned on wearing it on as this seemed a bit too small.  He recommended a 9.5 and he couldn't be any more spot on with it.  This is, by far, the best fitting vintage ring I've owned to date.


This is a man who knows his craft and is obviously genuinely passionate about what he does. 


I don't mean to put him on the spot, but I'm sure if you had a custom idea he'd be able to accommodate. 


On my last two combat deployments I brought a couple of original Mexican Marine Corps rings with me.  This piece of art is ready for its first taste of combat life as I'm sure my originals have had many times over the years before me.  There's only one souvenir ring coming with me on my next deployment - Thanks Innis!!


I've already made plans to purchase another ring from him soon.

Contact Innis to have your custom ring made.

No comments:

Post a Comment