Wednesday, November 25, 2015

THE "STRIPED SLEEVE"


So I couldn't help but pick up another Hometown Jersey to add to my collection of what I consider to be the only company offering period-correct racing jerseys and t-shirts on today's market. Since the announcement of their striped jerseys, I just couldn't wait to place my order and within two weeks I couldn't be more satisfied.

I'm a sucker for a great fit and fine details and its clear to me that Jill Smith applies the attention-to-detail and passion to her work that collectors desperately look for in today's quality goods. The shoulder seams and cuff ends fall where they should, the hem -- although originally intended to be tucked ... in the early days -- has been designed to allow for it to be worn untucked while still maintaining the vintage style. The long ribbed cuffs is a detail most companies ignore and slim fit through the arms and torso complete that original early-to-midcentury look and feel.

www.vintageengineerboots.com

I wear a vintage size 36-38 and ordered my usual size small in Hometown Jerseys (and t-shirts). The fit is true to size and consistent with all my other long sleeve tops from them.

Measurements (coming soon - I'm still wearing the hell out of this thing)
Chest:
Shoulders:
Sleeve:
Length:

100% Heavy cotton knit and 100% Made in America


My new striped racer bears the name of our new Miniature Schnauzer named after the influential Midcentury modern architect, Donald Wexler, whose work is common in the Palm Springs, California area.

Hand-stitched lettering

You might also like: TK Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment