Monday, June 15, 2015

MOTO MONDAY


I've had the pleasure of working with a lot of good Marines over my twenty plus years with whom I've trained, mentored and guided both in garrison and in multiple combat zones. You never really know the impact you have on them until, one day, you receive an e-mail like this.

MGySgt,

Congratulations on making it to Master Guns. I'm sure I am way behind the power curve on that. I just got to thinking the other day about our deployment to Iraq and wanted to thank you for the mentorship you gave me over that short time. Your assistance with my meritorious promotion to Corporal has allowed me to surpass all my peers over the years. I am currently at 11 years and in the below zone for Gunny this year. I just figured I'd reach out and see how you were doing and let you know that your help has gotten me to where I am now. Thank you MGySgt.

Semper Fidelis

www.vintageengineerboots.com

No comments:

Post a Comment