Monday, April 27, 2015

READER MAIL


Hey John,

I hope you are well. I was wondering if you could tell me what conditioning product you use on your horsehide boots? I think my Bucos need a little love. Thanks!

www.vintageengineerboots.com
Photo: BIG

Hi Matthew, 

Good to hear from you again. I've used almost every type of leather cleaning and conditioning product out there and find myself always reaching for the Pecard Antique Leather Dressing for my leather to include all my Horsehide (and RMC Buco's) - it repels water, snow and dew; prevents hardening and cracking; resists most acids; removes most stains, and allows the leather to breath.

Using my fingers, I like to apply a generous amount of the dressing over the entire boot, to include all the nooks and crannies. Be mindful of applying a thin even layer, but it's not too important. Allow the leather to absorb the product for about a day or two and with a cotton cloth or boot brush, wipe and buff away any excess. 

I hope this helps.

Best, 
John

No comments:

Post a Comment