Monday, May 26, 2014

MOTO MONDAY

Rather than have a barbecue, I decided to honor our fallen service men and women with my the my Dynamis CrossFit (Carlsbad, California) family through a brutal WOD (workout-of-the-day) called "Murph," in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. 

The WOD consists of 1 mile Run, 100 Pull-ups, 200 Push-ups, 300 Squats and a final 1 mile Run.

www.vintageengineerboots.com
Receiving our marching orders from Coach Marcus.

The first mile (easy day!!)

So many awesome people showed up that even with two heats, the pull-up bars were full.  I mistakenly decided to knock out my squats and pushups all at once.  BAD decision.


With only 25 push-ups remaining I finally decided to move on to the pull-ups.


The final mile while experiencing severe cramps.  I need to be more mindful of proper hydration. 


Done. What a great experience! Semper Fidelis to all American warriors who gave their lives for freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment