Thursday, September 26, 2013

READER MAIL


I've been super busy lately with custom leather work that I haven't had much time to dedicate to this blog, but Chris sent in a great e-mail about dying his (Julian-made) RRL Engineer Boots that I will follow up with a later post showing my own process.

What are your thoughts on dyeing these RRL Julian Engineers from brown to black?  Can it be done, how well will the results look, is it worth it or just look for a black pair, etc.?  I have seen the Julian Engineers in two shades of brown, one distressed and one that looks like these, which I would almost describe as a painted caramel?

Thanks for the help in advance.  Best, Chris

www.vintageengineerboots.com
My Frye "Brando" boots that will be dyed for the next post.

Before: Preparing my Mister Freedom Road Champ's for dyeing

After: Results that will allow a nice brown patina with normal wear.

Chris's RRL's

No comments:

Post a Comment