Wednesday, July 24, 2013

READER MAIL


Here are updated photos of a reader's custom "MP Toe" Engineer Boots adorned with my antiqued brass roller buckles, which are available now (in limited quantities) for pre-order here.

John, 

Thought I'd drop you a quick note to again thank you for all your help, advice and buckles for my Wesco PT order. The information you provided to me directly through email as well as indirectly via your blog has been invaluable.

The build again was as follows:
  • Wesco Patrol Toes on the standard Boss heel
  • 10" shaft height
  • Soft toe (no celastic)
  • Black steerhide leather
  • Standard stitching
  • 2" extra length on the instep strap
  • Custom (antiqued brass roller) buckles from you
I couldn't be any happier than I am with these. Cheers to you, my friend, for everything!

Here are some pictures of how the boots turned out:

www.vintageengineerboots.com

Thanks so much for the update!  There's no doubt your custom build - and other similar builds I've featured on VEB - will inspire enthusiasts to follow your leads. The buckles suit them to a T. 




No comments:

Post a Comment