Tuesday, April 16, 2013

READER MAIL


Justin from Ohio sent in some great photographs of his amazing Mister Freedom "Road Champ" Engineer Boots fresh from his local Cobbler in Xenia, Ohio.

What the folks at Xenia Shoe & Leather Repair did:
-Added new mid-sole
-Vibram #705
-Added new rubber heel
-Added 1/4" (one extra lift) to the heel
-Price a SUPER deal at $90

The half-soles were completely hand-stitched and coming from a guy who loves the art of hand stitching, I believe it makes their work a bit more special.  Not all Cobblers know how to shape a heel (read "Cuban" heel), but I'm absolutely feeling the cowboy heels ... the first pair of RC's I've seen with 'em.

www.vintageengineerboots.com

Thanks for properly displaying the flag.  Many get it wrong by hanging the field to the right.  

I'm not sure it it's the lighting, but notice the two tone flavor of Justin's boots.  One way to achieve this is by oiling the part(s) of the boot you'd like to darken up.  I use Pecards Shoe Oil on my RC's.


21 E. Main Street, Xenia, Ohio 45385

Store Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed Sunday

Phone: (937) 376-8156
Toll-Free: 1-888-227-0659

Do I spy a Herman Miller chair?

No comments:

Post a Comment