Sunday, March 3, 2013

READER MAIL


Hello,

I have been saving up while thinking of buying a custom pair of Wesco Boss Engineer boots. My idea is to have them built with 705 vibram soles and white outsole stitching along with a Patrol toe in order to get that "classic" look. I'm actually wondering how much better a boot made using a "custom foot measure" form would fit. As far as I can tell, my 8.5D Chippewa boots fit fine.

Do you have any experience with Wesco Engineer boots? How good is the fit (particularly the heel) compared to other Engineer boots? 


-J


Hi J, 

I'm firmly against using the custom measurement option. I used this option when I purchased my White's Semi-Dress boots and they sent me a size 8D - a half size larger in the fit department. I was already going to order a 7 1/2D, but thought custom measuring was going to give me the best fit money could pay for. The next time I order a pair of Whites, through Bakers Shoes, it'll be a 7.5D.


I purchased a used pair of WESCO Boss boots in 8D and they fit well with a little wiggle room - nothing a sport shoe insert couldn't easily fix. I wear a size 8 in modern Chippewa Engineer Boots and they fit fine as well.

If you're talkin' about heel slippage, that is a common characteristic with this style of footwear. I almost always have to punch another hole or two to the instep strap.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment