Friday, September 7, 2012

1950'S HERMAN ENGINEER BOOTS


Brand: Herman Shoes & Boot Co.
Circa: 1950's
Color: Brown
Size: "10 1/2 - 11"
Soles: Half-sole Biltrite with Griplug
Heels: Cat's Paw
Hardware: Nickel, Triple Rivets
Leather: Oil Tanned Cowhide
Condition: Perfectly broken-in and aged
Purchased for:  Ended early

Finally! Another nice pair up for auction...kind of.  These didn't last long before they became a product of an apparent offline offer and I have a strong inkling that these were let go at a ridiculously low price.  The average price of these boots based on three others archived on my blog are well over seven bills.  In my size, I'd be happy to take them home for four or five.

Update:  Ray, a great guy and spotter for a few of my past posts just informed me that someone's initial offer of $750 didn't hold up to the final auction-ending offer of  $1,000.
 
www.vintageengineerboots.com




No comments:

Post a Comment