Monday, August 20, 2012

1940'S ENGINEER BOOTS


Brand: Unknown
Circa: 1940's
Color: Black
Size: Appear to be 8 1/2
Length: 11 1/2"
Soles: Composition Half Soles
Leather: Oil Tanned Cowhide
Hardware: Too rusty to tell
Condition:  The kind only lots of period wear and even more time being stuffed away can produce
Sold For: $550 / Best Offer

Here's an amazing pair where the buyer scored with his best offer.

Looking through my database of archived Vintage Engineer Boots, I couldn't find anything with characteristics matching these.  The first thing that caught my attention were the cast upper buckles, reminiscent of those used on modern-day WESCO's.  Then there's the mismatched instep buckles.  Is this the victim of period modification or the skilled work of a lone craftsman?  I'm not sure.  I do know; however, that I'd have dropped this much money on them in a heart beat.  In my opinion, these coulda easily fetched four figures.

www.vintageengineerboots.com





No comments:

Post a Comment