Saturday, June 16, 2012

READER MAIL


In your opinion of the Lone Wolf boots. I'm more into the 50's style, so I'm thinking Lone Wolf or John Lofgren. It's clear that the Lofgren's are better and some of the pics on the Lone Wolf seem that heal and sole flare out a bit. Do you find that the Lofgren's are really worth 600 more? How would you rate each one 1-10? -Rob


I've always had a soft spot for Lone Wolf's and had plans on adding them to my collection, but I've always been somewhat turned off by the flared heel myself. With the upcoming Lofgren boots, I don't think the Lone Wolf's will ever grace my collection now. The little details John incorporated into his boots are what have me excited over them - the storm welts, triple stitching, period-correct stacked heels, lower-profile, less bulbous toe box and the added appeal of Horween Chromexcel leather.


I feel the price is somewhat subjective...I've owned quite a few pair of Engineer Boots that set me back as much as the Lofgren boots, so I have no reservation when it comes to a pair I'm really passionate about.

With the current exchange rate, the Lofgren's are only a few+ bills more. That, along with the aforementioned details, makes them well worth it for for me.

In the boutique 1950's-style category, I'd rate the Lofgren's at about an 8 or 9 and the Lone Wolf's just below them. In order for me to give a pair of boots a ten rating, they'd have to be an exact replica of my favorite pairs of all time - my Nite Rider Glow-in-the-Dark's.