Friday, March 30, 2012

READER MAIL


Hello! So I've been reading articles on your blog and you really love your Work America boots. I'm looking to purchase my first pair and I like the look of the Red Wing 2268 and the Lone Wolf engineer boots but they are pricey. I found these Work America boots and was wondering if these were they boots that you praised: Thanks for your input!  -VN



The boots you are referring to are the Work America "Wellington," which are different from the ones I own.  The Wellington's have a more modern look with steel toes and a Good Year welt that goes around the entire boot.  The examples below are the ones that I feel are more desirable and are identical to Red Wing 2268's, but without steel toes.

Surprisingly, they still sell for a decently low price at auction. Get 'em while you can.



This is my pair that haven't aged much from this old photo since I don't get to wear my boot as often as I'd like being in uniform most of the time.