Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TAKE A DAY OFF

Here's a pleasant surprise Marines don't experience too often. I was handed this letter about an hour ago by the Commanding Officer (CO) and Sergeant Major (SgtMaj). Yes it's a little late, but this guy isn't complaining.

The CO and SgtMaj make it a point to personally deliver these letters to Marines on or around their birthday. As a senior Marine this doesn't do much for me as I can take time off whenever necessary, but to a young Marine it's definitely a treat to receive.

In my seventeen years, I've received no more than five of these and when I did they were dropped in an office mail slot. For these two gentlemen to take time out of their busy schedule and hand deliver them shows their dedication to the unit and the Marines.

Semper Fidelis!

No comments:

Post a Comment