Monday, June 20, 2011

NOT BAD FOR AN OLD GUY

I've never truly been a runner.  As a younger Marine, my physical fitness test score lingered in the low two hundreds (out of a perfect three hundred).  For some reason since 2007, I've taken a liking to hitting the pavement.  It was that year that my PFT score jumped past 285 (the minimum score to rate this certificate).  Although I rated a certificate many times since 2007, this is the first time I was ever presented with one.

I'm not all too proud of it as my goal is to achieve my first 300 in almost seventeen years as a Marine.  This won't happen until the next PFT beginning January of next year.

*Perfect score of 300 = 20 strict dead-hang pull ups, 100 crunches in two minutes and three miles in 18 minutes or less.  I always max out the first two events, but ran a 19:43 three-mile run.

No comments: