Thursday, June 30, 2011

1940'S CHIPPEWA ENGINEER BOOTS

Brand: Chippewa
Circa: 1940's
Color: Black
Size: "9.5"
Measurement:
Length: 11 1/2"
Soles: Cat's Paw Half-Sole
Leather: Horsehide
Hardware: Nickel with single brass rivet
Condition: "Original signs of use"
Sold For: $1,137.1 / 25 Bids
Seller: stickhorse7

Here's a great find!  Of the many vintage Chippewa's I've come in contact with over my twenty years of collecting Engineer Boots, I'd have to say this is the first one I've seen with riveted soles - period aftermarket reinforcement?  This one has lots of character and was obviously loved by the owner.  There's definitely another seventy years of life left in these.  Although, the seller doesn't state the leather, trust me when I say these are Horsehide.  I was in the market for a pair of vintage Chippewa's and was hoping these were my size. 

In the last forty seconds of the auction, these jumped from just over seven bills with twenty-two bids.
















No comments:

Post a Comment