Sunday, May 15, 2011

HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL ENGINEER BOOTS

Brand: John's
Leather: Horween Chromexcel
Sole  Vibram #705
Height: 10"
Sizes (US): 8, 9, 10
Price: ¥81,900 / $1,014

This is a nice looking pair of Engineer Boots made with highly desireable leather.  I'm not a huge fan of this style of buckle, though.  Footwear made with Horween Chromexcel leather result in an amazing patina with normal, everyday wear. 

Horween's tanning has remained unchanged since 1913 and is the result of an 89-step process that takes a total of 28 days from start to finish. 

Check out Horween Leather Co. for more details on this process.











2 comments:

  1. I could be wrong and please correct me if am. I don't think those boots are made from Horween chromexcel. I have a few pieces of horween chromexcel in black, brown, navy, and burgundy. I also have a few boots in brown. All of them the color is the same on the flesh side as it is on the smooth surface. And it has an oily look and feel throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are Horween Chromexcel.

    ReplyDelete