Monday, November 8, 2010

$1,199 VINTAGE 1940'S ENGINEER BOOTS

Brand: Unknown
Circa: 1940's
Color: Black
Size: 11D
Measurements:
Length: 12 ½”
Width: 4 ¾”
Height: 12”
Leather “Horsehide”
Soles: Cats Paw Half Soles with double rivets/Heels: 
Hardware: Brass
Condition: Very Good
Sold For: $1,199
Seller: Zaq31

Not a bad pair of boots.  I wouldn't have paid this much scratch for them, but they're nice nonetheless.  I guess when you wear a size 11, you'd have to jump at any opportunity for a pair of boots like these.  Although, around the time these boots sold online, there were quite a few larger size Vintage Engineer Boots that sold for much less.  My only real complaint is the unsightly re-heel.  I can almost guarantee that these boots had factory low-profile heels and the new ones leave much to be desired.  In my opinion these heels give them a 1970's profile reminiscent of those put out by Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment