Thursday, April 8, 2010

BEWARE - WHITE'S SEMI-DRESS BOOTS

For those considering purchasing a pair of White's Semi-Dress (SD) or other White's model, for that matter, I have some words of advice.

I placed a custom order for a pair of White's SD this past February that included having to trace my feet at certain areas for a "perfect" fit. I didn't order anything too out of the ordinary - just burgundy French Calf leather. The total ended up being $497.50. The boots arrived within the four weeks, as promised. The fit was indeed good, but in providing the outline of my feet, I imagined some sort of spectacular fit. The fit is nothing I could have achieved with by simply purchasing my normal size. When all was said and done, I paid a whole heckuva lot for some boots I've wanted for a long time.

























Now, here's my advice - shop around. While waiting for my "custom" boots to arrive, I happened upon some White's SD's (both used and new) on eBay that measured to my size. I decided to purchase a pair of slightly used black SD's from a seller who had them to my door on a Monday after I paid just three days prior - Wow!! The fit is spectacular. Thanks druthersnyc!!  The best part? I paid only $234.50.


























The company I purchased my "custom" SD's from also sells on eBay and I discovered that my exact "custom" pair burgundy SD's sold for just over $250, new. Not sure if there's anything I could do to get comp'ed, but at this point I could care less. I won't be purchasing from them again.

1 comment:

  1. all i can say is that if you order white's order them from White's.. baker screwed up my size on a custom boot and told me too bad when i called them on it.

    ReplyDelete