Wednesday, January 6, 2016

READER MAIL


Happy new year, best wishes for this 2016!!

Thank you so much for publishing your knowledge so that we can learn about engineer boots. I just ordered a pair from Logfren of the badalassi leather and am on the wait list for a pair of black Road Champs, I don't know how I'll manage to be patient. 

Anyways, I have a question for you, I've seen that you have recommended several boot cobblers for resoling, etc. I have a pair of boots (not engineers, not vintage) that I purchased a while ago and loved for many years. They then needed resoling and I didn't know much about the process at the time. So one day I come back home and they had been resoled as a surprise. I was very happy about it, except later on I found out I didn't really like the quality of the resole and walking on them feels a bit off now. They are a pair of martin margiela boots and had a thin leather sole. Do you think any of the cobblers you mention would be able to re-resole them so that I can use them again? 

Thank you so much!!

Alfonso


My Chippewa Engineer Boots re-soled by Role Club

Alfonso,

Happy New Year to you!! I'm glad you enjoy the blog.

Wow! You are definitely on the fast track to a nice collection of Engineer Boots there. Congrats! 

Well, wasn't that a nice gesture to have your boots repaired. There are tons of repair shops out there, but there are only a few out there I would trust to do the job right. Any of the listed shops on my blog should do okay depending on the level of work you want done to your boots, however, there are only two on that list I've personally had experience with - Hukurokuju and Role Club. If in your position, I'd choose Brian at Role Club as Okuyama is located in Japan and a lot of people find it difficult to wrap their head around sending anything overseas for repair. 

Brian is a super nice guy and his attention to detail is second to none. He definitely has my business as long as he's around.

I hope this helps. 

Cheers!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment