Sunday, February 9, 2014

READER MAIL


Hi John,

As you know, I'm a big fan of your blog and leather goods. As such, I thought I'd share some photos of a recent resole job by Brian Truong, aka Brian the Bootmaker.

Brian was a great pleasure to deal with and did a top notch job on the boots. Suffice it to say that I'm very pleased with the way they turned out. I'll definitely be going back to him with more of my boots.

Cheers,
Andrew

www.vintageengineerboots.com


To achieve the flat toe box, Brian removed the factory celastic material.  




Andrew, 

Thanks so much for the update!  There's no doubt that Brian is a "top shelve" cobbler that possesses the skills and attention-to-detail sought after by the subculture of boot enthusiasts.   

I definitely plan on having a pair of my Engineer's worked on by him.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment